Once you register online for the class, you will receive an email within a few days to accept the invitation and begin the class when the time is right for you. The content will be available to you for 60 days.
Online content includes the following topics for you to access for 60 days at your own pace:
· How breastfeeding works: 3D breast anatomy and milk production animation, colostrum, breastmilk qualities, why breastfeeding is important, AAP exclusivity recommendations.
· Getting the best start: Sharing breastfeeding plans with hospital staff, skin-to-skin contact, rooming-in, lactation consultants, pacifier recommendations.
· Latching on: Reclined and upright positions, 3D animation comparing deep and shallow latches.
· Breastfeeding positions: Laid-back, cross-cradle, football, side-lying, cradle hold.
· When to feed your baby: Hunger and satiation cues, feeding patterns and guidelines, how to feed a sleepy baby, cluster feedings.
· Getting enough milk: Signs of milk transfer, growth spurts, feeding and diaper log, stool and urine guidelines, weight gain, getting help.
· Breast care: Normal breast fullness, hand expression and pumping, engorgement, nipple tenderness, mastitis and other warning signs.
· Breastfeeding lifestyle: Partner support and involvement, feeding in public, self-care, substances to avoid, support groups, returning to work.
Register online and you will receive an email "invitation" with class information within a few days. Please call 336-832-6680 for any questions.