Understanding Breastfeeding Online eClass is available in English & Spanish
Once you register online for the class, you will receive an email within a few days to accept the invitation and begin the class when the time is right for you. The content will be available to you for 9 months.
- How breastfeeding works: 3D breast anatomy and milk production animation, colostrum, breastmilk qualities, why breastfeeding is important, AAP exclusivity recommendations.
- Getting the best start: Sharing breastfeeding plans with hospital staff, skin-to-skin contact, rooming-in, lactation consultants, pacifier recommendations.
- Latching on: Reclined and upright positions, 3D animation comparing deep and shallow latches.
- Breastfeeding positions: Laid-back, cross-cradle, football, side-lying, cradle hold.
- When to feed your baby: Hunger and satiation cues, feeding patterns and guidelines, how to feed a sleepy baby, cluster feedings.
- Getting enough milk: Signs of milk transfer, growth spurts, feeding and diaper log, stool and urine guidelines, weight gain, getting help.
- Breast care: Normal breast fullness, hand expression and pumping, engorgement, nipple tenderness, mastitis and other warning signs.
- Breastfeeding lifestyle: Partner support and involvement, feeding in public, self-care, substances to avoid, support groups, returning to work.
Questions? Contact Perinatal.Education@conehealth.com or 336-832-6680
Register online and you will receive an email "invitation" with class information within a few days. Please call 336-832-6680 for any questions.