Regular exercise can deter the effects of Parkinson’s disease, especially during the early and moderate stages of Parkinson’s Disease (PD). The Cone Health Neurorehabilitation Center is actively involved in community education and support related to Parkinson’s disease.
The PWR! MOVES PD Exercise Class will:
Participants will engage in a variety of activities that target the effects of Parkinson’s Disease during each of the classes.
- Promote healthy exercise habits in order to slow the effects of PD and is targeted to individuals with minimal to moderate levels of Parkinson’s Disease severity in the Greensboro area.
- Maximize mobility, function and quality of life for individuals with PD.
- Be geared towards managing posture, strength, balance and flexibility with use of research-based exercise activities.
This 8-week exercise program will meet on:
- Wednesdays, from 1 to 2 p.m.
- Wednesdays, from 2:15-3:15 p.m.
Classes are held in the Exercise Room at Green Valley Medical Center, located at 719 Green Valley Road.
For information about when the next eight-week series will begin, call 336-271-2054.
- Must be able to get up and down from the floor with minimal to no assistance
- Have had less than 4 falls in the past 6 months
- Have completed physical or occupational therapy at Cone Health Neurorehabilitation Center within the past year
- Please bring your own water bottle & towel
- Exercise mats will be provided (you may bring your own if you prefer)
To register, call Amy Marriott, PT, at (336)271-2054.
Registration should be completed and payment must be received one week prior to the first class of each session.