The New Women's and Children's Center at Moses Cone Hospital
Built for Mothers, Built for Families
Cone Health is proud to advance a tradition of exceptional women’s health services valued by our community. We are committed to making health care for women and families even better by creating a 195,678 square foot facility connected to the south side of The Moses H. Cone Memorial Hospital. This facility will have its own entrance, separate elevators and a separate parking area for patients and families. We have involved more than 1,000 patients, employees and physician partners in work to design this facility. Our objective is to continue to provide the special environment Women's Hospital has offered while also enhancing quality and health care experiences for our patients and their families.
- An increase in Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) beds. A total of 45 private rooms for families of NICU patients – an increase from the 36 NICU beds at the current Women’s Hospital.
- Couplet rooms for NICU families. One of the first in North Carolina to provide couplet rooms for NICU patients so they can be in the same room as their moms instead of in a separate nursery.
- Patient- and Provider-Influenced Design. More than 900 patients, physicians and care team members participated in the planning and design of the Women’s & Children’s Center, ensuring the new facility includes what is best for mothers and infants in our care. Hundreds of details in the new facility derive from patient and provider input, from our new approach to intensive care for babies, to the layout of patient rooms and clinical areas, to the color schemes and furniture throughout the facility.
- Closer connection to other health care services. The new Women’s & Children’s Center will provide the same exceptional, distinctive and personal care that has been a hallmark of Women’s Hospital and will benefit from the advantages of proximity to emergency and broad-based specialty care at Moses Cone Hospital.
- Unified women’s and children’s services on the same campus. All children’s services provided in a hospital (delivery, intensive care for newborns, intensive care for children and an emergency department just for children) will now be in the same location, improving access and convenience for the community and parents.
- Dedicated entrance and parking. The Women’s & Children’s Center will include valet parking so new parents can stay close upon arrival. Ample parking located close to the entrance will also accommodate patients, families and guests.