The Women’s & Children’s Center at Moses Cone Hospital
As you prepare for the arrival of your new baby (or babies!), we want you to know we are here to assist you throughout your pregnancy, labor and delivery process, and even with care after your delivery . Our family-centered maternity care approach reflects the exceptional care our moms, babies and families can count on.
Information Related to COVID-19 Restrictions
- All visitors must be at least 18 years old.
- Laboring women (regardless of age) are allowed to have two guests with them and a doula registered with Cone Health for the Labor and Delivery phase of their stay. Doulas not registered with Cone Health are considered visitors.
- Mother-Baby and OB Specialty Care: In addition to the designated support person, a second visitor is allowed but must remain the same person throughout the patient’s stay.
- All visitors must submit to a screening survey regarding their health.
- All OB care providers and nurses at Women's & Children's Center at Moses Cone Hospital will work with individual patients to support their goals related to the birthing experience.
- Due to the current precautions related to the coronavirus, nitrous oxide during labor is not available. Waterbirth during labor will be offered if patients meet the appropriate criteria for use, including being COVID-negative.
Cone Health sees community doulas as valued members of the birthing care team. An application process has been established for community doulas to provide their services on Cone Health campuses. Visit our online form to learn about the measures we have in place to elevate the doula role beyond visitor status.
(The information on this site is designed for women choosing to deliver at Cone Health Women's & Children’s Center. Get more information about delivering at Alamance Regional Medical Center.)